Thursday, December 20, 2012

I Need a Hero!

I overheard the latter part of a conversation between Shawn & Joshua that I thought was too dear not to record. Joshua told Shawn that he wishes he was "Bowzer" from Mario but really a good guy that was a helper (since Bowzer is not so nice, but he's the biggest). Shawn was listening, and he said "But, do you have any 'real' dreams?"

Joshua thought about it and said "I want to grow up and help people." Shawn asked, "Like a fireman or cop?"

Joshua said "Maybe. I want to grow up and be a man... like you, Daddy."

At this, my heart absolutely melted. With tears in my eyes, I listened as Shawn responded, "You're going to grow up and be a great man. You'll be able to help people by being big and strong. BUT, you have to wait patiently for your turn."

No comments: