Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Ouchies

 
On Tuesday, August 7, I felt a terrible pop in my calf during my favorite "ATTACK" class and knew that I had done something awful by the sheer excruciating pain that radiated up and down my leg. I was able to get my kids up the stairs and drive them home (praise God it was my left leg!). Shawn insisted I go to the Orthopedic Associates the following week when it was still feeling ouchy, and the doctor said that I tore my calf muscle right where it meets the Achilles tendon (which had been extremely tight and giving me problems since the spring). The tendon feels mostly better, but I tore the two apart right at the junction (I forget what the doctor called it). He said to stay off it or he would have to cast it. Who can afford to get a cast on with three kids? I promised not to run or do any high impact classes for a couple weeks, which made me feel bad. The doctor also suggested wearing high heels to keep the calf muscle shortened while it was trying to heal. So, that called for a shopping trip, of course! :)

Speaking of "shopping" I went that week to my friend Jen's house (pictured with me above) to purchase a t-shirt headband her mom makes. Her mom is one of the sweetest ladies I know and has gone through a really rough time lately. I wanted to sew a small seed into her new business and drove over to purchase a headband. She snapped this picture of us. If you'd like to invest in this dear lady, let me know! The headbands are $5 and come in sizes for kiddos and adults. :)
 The boys & I went swimming on Wednesday with Mamaw, and I hurt my leg again when I went to run after Caleb when he went under. YIKES! The pain was unbelievable. A lady asked Joshua if he lives "around here" and he replied "No, I live in Lancaster." Haaa!!! Mom added that we live in Manheim Township, but I think he meant that he didn't live in the retirement community where the pool was. That same day, Mom said that she'll eventually get rid of all the baby toys in her basement as Ryan gets older. Joshua said happily "Yes, because eventually you'll go see Jesus!" I cracked up and Mom said, "No, I meant that Ryan won't be interested in baby toys after awhile and he's the last baby in our family." Haaa!!! Poor Mom, but Joshua didn't mean anything offensive by his comment. Some day we shall all meet Jesus - as the old hymn goes "When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be! When we all see Jesus, we'll sing and shout the victory (shout the victor-y)!"
Friday morning, August 10, we met our friends the Buckwalter's at That Bounce Place. This time I warned them at check-in that our friends are early eaters, so they may want to start the hot dogs that come with our deal. It worked! :) The above pictures are the older boys sliding down the slides. And below is dear sweet Ryan watching. When I left there, I talked to mom on the phone who suggested a shopping trip. I texted our babysitter who said she'd be willing to come watch the boys so Ryan could nap. Perfect! I dropped them off at home and went to the mall. We found jeans for Joshua at the Children's Place for $2.99. They were marked $10 but rang up at the special price. We questioned it and the gal said that she charges what the computer tells her to. So, we grabbed him two more pairs (which also rang up the same price) and then Mom bought two pairs for cousin Daniel. If I would have been thinking, I should have grabbed a nice new pair for Caleb Luke. Oh well! I was thrilled to get what we got. We also bought the Bean a couple shirts. And I got a tank that I had been wanting as well as a pair of jeans that was 70% at the Bon-Ton. They were my first ever (that I can remember) size 6 jeans, and they fit like a glove. Woo-hoo! It was a good day. :) :) :)
With my new clothes, I decided it was finally time (at my husband's prompting) to go through my closet and actually get rid of all the clothes that were too big for me. It took me all day Saturday, and we even brought bins home from the attic. Originally I kept things as I lost weight "in case." Well, I'm hoping that with God's grace there is no "in case" and I just keep the weight off. So, we blessed Water Street Rescue Mission with a whole lot of nice bigger clothes. :) :) :) It felt good to get organized, and my closet is now in good shape and sorted by color. Hurray!

No comments: