Monday, August 13, 2012

Movie in the Park

On Friday, July 13, I took Joshua to Lititz Springs Park to watch "Toy Story" on the big screen. I guess a couple times a summer they offer a movie free to families, and Lisa invited us to join the Grube family that night. Shawn & I talked about it, and he said that he didn't think Ryan would last in the movie so he'd prefer to stay home with him. I debated on taking Caleb, who also enjoys Toy Story, but Shawn didn't think he'd sit still for the entire time. There were LOTS of kids there, so it would have been fine to take him, but he may or may not have enjoyed it so taking just the Bean worked well.
Thankfully it was slightly cooler that night than it had been in awhile because I dressed Joshua in a thinner long-sleeve shirt and pants, and I also wore long sleeves and long pants to hopefully not get chewed alive by mosquitoes. We drove and met our friends in the parking lot near the Little Gym and followed them to the Park so that we would be sure to park near each other and subsequently sit by each other. I took along popcorn that we had popped - red popcorn that Shawn had bought for the boys as a special treat. It was a little messy, but Joshua LOVED it.
Joshua originally sat near his friend Isabella on the end. I had thought Lisa was going to sit near the stroller so I sat on the other end, but she joined me so the kids sat on one side and we sat on the other. Then Joshua stayed near Chris & Aiden, so we laughed that there was a boys and girls section to our row. We also saw a friend of Joshua's from preschool named Connor there.
Here's Lisa and me. The two older kids eventually joined us in snuggling at the very end. The movie was over close to 10 pm, but Joshua watched it the entire time and enjoyed every last minute. We love Toy Story! And we love hanging out with our friends. :)

No comments: