Thursday, August 30, 2012

4x6 Family Pics

On Tuesday, August 28, we had agreed to meet our friends at the train in the evening... but then I re-checked the schedule and the train was only operating until 4 pm. It must have been some new 'off-season' hours that had recently changed. The evening ended up working out okay, anyway.
Joshua's kindergarten teacher mailed a letter to him and to us, and one of the things she requested was a 4x6 picture of just Joshua and a 4x6 family photo. She explained that there would be a class album and the photo had to be that size to fit in. All our professional pictures were at least 5x7, and it's a rare occasion otherwise to get a picture of all five of us together. Typically I'm taking the pictures and not in them!
So, I asked my friend Lisa if she would still like to meet after she got off work, but with her camera along to snap a couple shots of our family. She agreed. We met at Long's Park and then let the older kids play afterward (Joshua, Caleb and Isabella) while Shawn left with Ryan to go get some groceries (thanks, my love!) when we were finished. He had driven separately, knowing Ryan would not necessarily enjoy the park as much as our other boys.
The sun was starting to set, but we still got a couple nice pictures that I was able to get printed at Walmart and take in for the photo album.
Most of our shirts matched, and I had not purchased them for this occasion but just grabbed what I could find that looked like they would go together. Joshua's shirt was new for school from Old Navy, my shirt was from Banana Republic, Ryan's sweater was a hand-me-down from Children's Place, Daddy's shirt was from the Gap, and Caleb's was an Angry Birds t-shirt from JCPenny's that I asked him to turn around for the pictures. If we had more time, I may have tried to find different shirts for Shawn & Caleb, but they worked for this purpose.
It was a beautiful night as the kids played on the playground. We had a fun time!

Thanks for taking our pictures, friend!

These were the two of Joshua that I thought turned out well:


Here were some of the pictures I took at the park of the kids playing:



Joshua always makes new friends! And we saw some old friends there, too. I ran into one of our former youth, Britt (and her husband and two kids), from the days Shawn & I helped in youth group; I also saw Jude, Kate and Dan (minus my friend Julie). Small world!
Baby Aiden even got in some smiles with his mommy:



When we got home, Shawn took a picture of Ryan and me. There were two that Shawn liked. He laughed out loud at the first one below. Doesn't Ryan look like he sees something crawling out of my hair?!?!
The next one was my favorite of the evening. I love Ryan's big smile!
The younger kids took some pictures of Daddy & Mommy outside our house. While some were fuzzy, they turned out okay. The boys love to be the picture takers, especially Caleb. He's always asking us to let him have the camera to take a picture!

 I love my husband! And our family! :) :) :) We are blessed.

And while at first I panicked at having to have a 4x6 family photo for the teacher, I'm glad it gave us an excuse to get some pictures of all of us. Thanks, again, friends for meeting us at the park!

No comments: