Monday, August 13, 2012

Binn's Park

On Thursday, July 12, the boys & I headed to Binn's Park with Lisa, Isabella and Aiden. We knew that Lisa was heading back to work soon since her maternity leave was about done, and we wanted to make sure and get in this special outing!
I forgot to have Shawn put in our old car seat base so they could ride with us. We ended up driving separately and parking in the nearby parking garage. The day was beautiful - sunny and HOT!
I wore my swimsuit and put Ryan's on him so that I could take him in the water and cool him off. He enjoyed getting to try to catch the water as it shot out of the ground in different patterns.
Baby Aiden was a little too small for the water part, so Lisa tried to keep him out of the sun as much as possible.

The other kids were having a blast, though! It was hard to get pictures of them because they kept moving and so did the water.
Both boys jumped right in and loved getting soaked. Caleb always tries to drink it at some point (YUCK!) and they both try to catch it and jump on it as the patterns change. I love Binn's Park!
Isabella brought her doll along to play in the water.
The boys love hanging out with her, and us moms enjoyed talking and hanging out as well as getting pictures!
Here's Lisa with their very nice camera, capturing some of the moments:
Soon we broke for snack. Baby Aiden was hungry, so Lisa gave him a bottle underneath the shade of a tree on a park bench. The kids all ate some snacks that she had packed. Then we asked them to pose for a couple pictures, which I thought turned out well:

We let them play some more before it was time to get our towels and go. Don't they look so cute with their towels?
Lisa offered to get one of me and my boys:
Joshua took these pictures (I think) of Lisa and me. Caleb tried first and didn't get them. Then either Izzy or Josh took the camera and got a couple good ones. It may have been Isabella. Either way, they turned out nice.
We had a fun afternoon with our friends at Binn's Park! Glad we were able to get it in this summer!

No comments: