Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Warm Winter

While we may not live in a tropical location, it has been unbelievably warm this winter. We saw a news cast that said on average we've been ten degrees warmer every day than past years.We'll take it! I can't even count how many days we've gotten outside, taking walks and playing in the garage. It has been amazing!
On Wednesday, February 1, it even hit 60 degrees! We played out without our coats. The boys made a little chalk road to drive their cars. They also road their bikes up and down the sidewalk. And, of course, we go for a walk where they take turns riding in the stroller with Ryan and walking. Each time we walk, Joshua begs to hear more stories. While it's still been Jesus' birth that is his favorite recently, he has also switched to loving short stories while Jesus was here on earth. He loves the loaves and fishes - what a great reminder that God can take a little and turn it into a whole lot! How often we pray that same prayer!
Is there anything sweeter than a sleeping baby? While the older boys don't always nap, my little Ry-guy still needs consistent sleep, but praise God he's pretty easy going and will sleep as we walk.
As we play basketball, I realized that Joshua knows exactly what order the sounds are made by his net. I wasn't really paying attention, but he'd say "Let me get this one so it tells me I'll be on Sports Center!" "Mama, go ahead now and get the swisher!" Haaa!!! Love it. He's so funny, and so clever!
I love to watch the boys walk together and choose to hold hands. :) :) :) I'll let them walk ahead, but they know to stop at each mailbox and look at me to ask when to move on. That way I can gauge how safe it is for them to keep going and say "Yes, the next one" or "No, stay there" or if I'm nervous about something "Please walk back this way and hold onto the stroller with me." They do GREAT!
Thank You, God, for sunshine and a warm winter. While the Punxy Phil saw his shadow on Groundhog Day, I'm okay with six more weeks of winter if it's warm like it has been. We have enjoyed it!

No comments: