Thursday, February 9, 2012

Happy 43-month birthday, Caleb Luke!

Caleb celebrated his 43-month birthday by christening our upstairs with his vomit. He started in the office and as he ran to the bathroom, he hit almost every room and the hallway in between. Most days I love being home, but I would have traded Shawn in a heartbeat that day! YUCK!

He hadn't eaten much the day before, and thankfully I didn't send him to school. So, he missed his teddy bear party. But, such is life. He took a morning and evening nap, and then he was back to his normal self. He begged to eat, and after he kept down water, I gave him applesauce and eventually crackers and I knew we were in the clear.
These pictures were from that afternoon when we built a dump truck together out of legos. He LOVED it! So did his big brother. :) :) :)

Lately I've been working with Caleb on how to hold his pencil. He's starting to get the gist of it. But, he still typically starts out with it the wrong way. And, we've also been working with Caleb to NOT hold something else, if you know what I mean. I've had several people asking me lately if my son has to go potty. And, I have to smile and then tell him to remove his hands from that area. That said, he tells me it's "scratchy" so I'm thinking that it could be his eczema bothering him ??? Part of me thinks that's how it started and now it's becoming habit. Ugh! Pray for him and for us in wisdom how to teach him. This is all new to me!
I recently found a little video of the boys from when Caleb was about 18 months old and singing. It is seriously the cutest thing, and Shawn & I giggled at his sweet little voice. It reminded me of how grown up he's gotten! He is so big, and his hair is so much thicker now. But, he still has the sweetest little voice. We think it's simply charming.

Caleb often squints one eye up and then will say "I TOLD YA!" This expression cracks us up, and we've found that we've been doing it more and more. I think Joshua started it, but Caleb is the one that repeats it over and over again.
My little buddy & I enjoy doing puzzle books together - he loves look & finds, mazes and stickers. He also enjoys tracing letters and all sorts of activities. He often wants to sit on my lap, and I think that comes from sharing his time with baby Ryan. I remind Caleb that no matter how old he gets, he will ALWAYS be my baby. Forever and ever! How I love these boys!

Caleb is SO stubborn and at times that can be infuriating, but he knows when we mean business - or at least he's learning. He then turns on the charm. He is SO stinkin' cute!

We love you, little Caleb Luke! Happy 43-month birthday!

No comments: