Sunday, March 14, 2010

Play-doh

I can't remember which day we played with play-doh either, but I guess it doesn't really matter. I put on the plastic table cloth and broke out the play-doh. The boys had fun, especially Joshua. We rolled the play-doh into a "pancake" (to use Joshua's expression) and then we used scissors to cut it. We also used the spaghetti thing-a-jig to make little pieces of hair, and Joshua LOVED rolling it into the shape of snakes. Caleb enjoyed using the 'cookie cutters' to make various shapes. They had a good time, and it was relatively neat to clean up!
We also watched the movie (or parts of it - we skipped past any parts that had to do with voo-doo or scary shadow figures) "the Princess & the Frog." We thought it would be a good family movie, but after our first viewing together, we decided to delete it. It was a little too scary for our boys. And, speaking of that, I can't believe how the new Sesame Streets are starting to include a lot of crap I don't agree with too (excuse the expression). I put one on the other day as I was getting ready and it talked about how we as people were created by the earth and now it has a lot of segments on fairy witch craft and 'magic.' I try not to be overbearing about not letting my kids watch anything; on the other hand, I'm not going to let them grow up hearing things that aren't true either. I think we as parents need to be aware of what's going into the little minds that we're caretakers of. I liked the old Sesame Streets a lot better. Why not focus on learning and keep the other "science" stuff out of it?
Anyway, here are some of the finished shapes we made... I'm so thankful to be home with my boys and able to spend time with them. I am truly blessed! I am also thankful for an amazing husband who's willing to work to make that possible. May we never take a moment in our lives for granted.

No comments: