Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Last Weekend Before Daylight Savings

Last weekend started off with me making two casseroles on Friday - one for my good friend Suz who just had her baby Ian and one for us (after all, why not make a double batch to freeze one for us, too?). Then I went shopping with my Mom & the boys to Target to buy some gifts for my friend since I was originally supposed to drive to Jersey to see them on Saturday. But, little Ian hasn't been sleeping well, and Suz's mom went to visit to give her some much-needed rest. She's coming to Lancaster this weekend instead, which worked out great for me too! I sent the food & gifts along with her mom so Suz didn't have to worry about dragging them and her little guy back in her house with her (knowing what that's like!). I'm looking forward to seeing her!
Friday night was Guys' Night Out with the men from our small group. Since they were doing dinner together, Becca invited us over to her house. Joshua & Alayna especially were having a blast! They have two school buses like ours, and then were steering them around and then jumping on their knees and then they all had a snack together. They just got some beautiful new furniture, too, which I was privileged to see the day it arrived. :) We had a good time catching up.
Saturday, which was now free for me, ended up being somewhat productive. I cleaned the house (which desperately needed it after our vacation!) and finished the laundry, and Shawn got our taxes done and filed. I forget when the weather started getting nice, but I started going for walks with the boys every day. I think I took them Friday morning, and we all froze. Thankfully, I had put a blanket over Caleb and had their warm coats over there ears and Joshua's hands in his pockets for warmth. I all but froze until we got home! But, each day has been progressively nicer, and if at all possible, we all need the fresh air!

Sunday was the first day for church at Liberty Place. We arrived a little late, which ended up making us sit right in the front row. Our necks were stiff from trying to see the screen directly above us. But, it was a good service; and we especially liked the smaller kiddo classrooms and that the boys were right next door to each other. After church, the boys took naps and then we headed off to life group at Chris & Lisa's house. We had a fun time and so did the kiddos!
And that ended another weekend for us. I think they go so quickly!!!

No comments: