Monday, March 8, 2010

Marriage Memories Monday

Sunday, we woke up together again in the hotel. Life on vacation is good! Once again, we took advantage of the fact that we didn't have the kiddos with us, and we both went downstairs to work out in the awesome gym they had. Then we grabbed breakfast (which included fresh fruit, apple juice and a bagel with cream cheese) and headed back up to our room to get ready to start our day. It was our anniversary!
Looks like the boys enjoyed waking up once again at Mamaw & Papaw's house. Caleb is snuggling with Mamaw on the couch, and Joshua is enjoying a snack at their little table.
 
 Joshua also played with Aunt Erica, who bought the boys their shirts. Joshua's has Lightning McQueen & Doc from the Cars movie on his (which he LOVES!) and Caleb's says "I'm a Handful." So cute!
  
 Papaw read the boys their new books, and they are loving it. Not sure where Caleb's pants got to in these pictures? He doesn't care!
  
  
 These were some of my favorite pictures. Don't the boys looks so cute on their chairs?
  
 There's nothing like brotherly love!
  
Mamaw & Papaw were starting to say their goodbyes and pack up the boys things.
  
 
Meanwhile, our last day of 'freedom,' we decided to spend at the beach. We parked our car and walked up and down the coastline. While Monday was the nicest weather we had on our trip, the breeze still made it a a bit chilly. But, we loved wearing flip flops and feeling the sand on our feet. Some folks were brave and wore their bathing suits. We didn't want to freeze for a little tan. The cabanas in the background are for sale for $850,000. If I had a million, these are the places I would buy (chances are that we couldn't afford the insurance on them, though, since they're literally right on the water!).  
 
Shawn & I dined right on the beach at a little restaurant and grill. They had a bazillion page menu, but we finally decided on a french dip sandwich for me & a burger for Shawn. Here's a picture of my hubby on our anniversary.
  
 And he took a picture of me, with the palms, beach and ocean in the background. It was a beautiful day.
  
I was trying to remember what we've done for anniversaries past. Our one-year we went to South Carolina, I think, or was it Williamsburg? Our two-year we stayed here and stayed in the same hotel suite we stayed in the night of our wedding. We had a pretty good snow that year, as I recall. Our third year we stayed at Daytona Beach, FL in an amazing 3 bedroom condo that overlooked the ocean. Our fourth year we simply felt blessed to get out to dinner at the Belevedere since we had Joshua already! Sadly, I couldn't remember years five and six - I'm sure we went out to dinner. I'll have to ask Shawn if he remembers....
 
After we were done at the beach, we went home and went for a quick swim in the pool just to say we used our swimsuits while we were on vacation. The water was chilly and the outside temperature was colder yet. We then got ready for dinner and Shawn's parents brought the boys to our room before we headed out to Uno's for dinner, going somewhere near our hotel since they were bringing the boys back to stay with us. We were packing our stuff that night to head out the following morning.
 
Shawn thought Caleb's expression in the above picture was hilarious. I think we all look a little goofy! :) :) :)
  
 Here's the fam, minus Papaw who's taking the picture.
  
 Erica & Mamaw sat next to each other.
  
Joshua took turns sitting next to Daddy...
  
...along with Caleb.
  
They switched from there to sitting with Papaw.
  
We enjoyed dinner. Shawn got a salad and I ate pizza; I don't recall what the others ordered. Our boys ate very little of their pizza. Then we all came back to our room. Here's our little 'handful' exploring our room.
  
We let the boys entertain us.
  
Soon Caleb relieved himself of his dinner.
 
Then he discovered the kitchen cabinets and had a grand old time going in and out of them. 
 
Papaw gave Caleb a new headband (the tie to the cozy blanket for curling up on the sofa). And soon our company was gone and we were getting the boys to bed, wondering why we didn't let them stay another night. :) Joshua slept on the sofa bed and Caleb ended up sleeping with us since we didn't have a pack 'n play or crib. He didn't want to sleep, which made for a long night. 
 
Here are Shawn & me on our anniversary at the restaurant. I love my husband so much! He started listening to the song below awhile ago and just sang me the lyrics the other night. It made me smile... we have had a LONG winter! And vacationing by the palm trees was amazing... this was our last 'real' day of vacation since we were leaving the following day. 
 
Swing Life Away by Rise Against
I've been here so long I think it's time to move
The winter's so cold; summer's over too soon
Let's pack our bags and settle down where palm trees grow
I've got some friends, some that I hardly know
But we've had some times I wouldn't trade for the world
We chase these days down with talks of places we will go

[Chorus:] We live on front porches and swing life away
We get by just fine here on minimum wage
If love is a labor, I'll slave 'til the end
I won't cross these streets unless you hold my hand
Swing life away...

No comments: