Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Count

Last night I had worship practice - my last one before the baby arrives! Afterward we gathered in a circle to pray, and they prayed for our next little guy. I'm hoping he comes sooner than July 8...so long as he's healthy, of course. God's a big God - He can do that! When we left, it was POURING! I was a drowned rat until I walked to Shawn's car (we switched so he could do some shopping and have the extra space). This morning, Joshua woke up with a bad cold. Poor Bean! We snuggled for a bit and were rocking in the goofy chair in our office and he began showing me all the body parts he knows, and actually said each one out loud as he was going through them. He said "eyes" and then "nose" and "cheeks," etc. And each one was distinctively clear. Then I asked him "What does a cow say?" and he replied "Mooo!" (We weren't even looking at picture books or anything!) I asked him about a duck, and he quacked; then I asked about a kitty cat and he said "meow!" There was something else, but I can't remember...he quickly lost interest in my "game." So, next we'll have to work on shapes and colors. He's doing better with getting shapes into their places, but I'm not sure if he knows each shape's name. I'm also not sure what is "normal" to expect at this age. We met Grandma for lunch, and it was nice visiting with her even though Joshua wasn't the best...it's hard to be a good boy when you don't feel well, I'm sure. He took a nice long nap this afternoon, and so did the Mama!
When Daddy got home from work, we went to Grace's softball game. The little girls were so cute! Most of them had an attention span like mine (nilch!) and did not even notice the ball coming toward them. But, they all got their turn at swinging and running the bases. One of Grace's 'outfield' positions was being the catcher, and she got all dressed up in the gear. It was adorable.
Afterward, we headed to Uncle Brian & Aunt Gayle's house. Grant was cute when he asked the Bean, "Joshua, would you like to take a bath with Grant?" He was sitting in a plastic 'tub' pretending to be in a bath, I guess, and asked if Joshua would like to join him (which he didn't!).
Then tonight as Daddy was going down the stairs and helping Joshua, the Bean counted to four all by himself! I couldn't believe my ears. Daddy said "one" and Joshua said "two" at the next step, "three" at the next one, and then "four" at the next. He didn't get five, but I was thoroughly impressed with getting to four. Oh, our baby is growing! I'm so proud and so happy! Yet, I'm still glad that he enjoys some cuddle time and hasn't packed his bags for college yet!

No comments: