Thursday, May 15, 2008

Playin' with Play Doh

Yesterday, Joshua & I played with Play-Doh for the first time. Nonie & Poppy had given some to him in his Easter 'basket' and it was one of the "building play" activities suggested by Gerome and the leader of the Mommies & Me group. But, I was also told it was extraordinarily messy, so I had to make sure I was up for the challenge (although it ended up not being that bad at all). I also did it with the "30" plastic throw-away table cloth; I need to get more plastic table cloths for messy fun!
Play Doh has certainly come a long way since I played with it! Joshua's goody bag had four colors in it, a roller, a pair of scissors, a ton of shapes, and some things to form it and squeeze it, etc. I had as much fun as he did exploring with it!
These are the shapes that came along with the set...so cool! There's a circle, a diamond, a shark, a turtle, a star, a clover, a penguin and a seahorse. Then there was something that you can squeeze the play-doh through to make stringy-like spaghetti and another piece of equipment I didn't quite understand. Ha!
Joshua was enthralled for a full 15 minutes (about his max for anything we do). He liked the feel of it and trying to make shapes and roll it. Good times! We'll definitely play with Play Doh again now that I know what to expect. :) :) :) Thanks, Nonie & Poppy, for the gift!

No comments: