Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Baby Good Week 31

Today I had another doctor's appointment. Tiny Mr. Good's heartbeat sounded good, and my belly is measuring "normal." My blood pressure also was good...but I gained a couple pounds. The doctor didn't say anything, but I noticed it when I stepped on their scale. Grrrr...It's my own fault. I've been living on ice cream (it even sounds good now), and within the past three days I've had more than four glasses of chocolate milk. I told Grandpa Georgia I'm going to have to quit eating once he goes home! I see the doctor in two weeks again, but we also have an ultrasound scheduled for this Thursday morning. I can't wait to see the little guy again!

Fetal Development:
Growth begins to slow a teeny bit, and the brain goes through a period of rapid development. The only major organ left to fully develop is the lungs. If your baby is a boy, his testes begin to descend from the body cavity to the scrotum.

Maternal Changes:
Your abdomen may be aching frequently now as your uterus is stretching more and more. Your uterus is about 4 1/2 inches above your belly button. As your baby's bones harden and grow, your
calcium needs are even greater. Be sure your diet is adequate in calcium, protein, iron and folic acid.

Ideas for Dad:
It's the third trimester and now, more than ever, Mom needs you. She may complain a lot with the growing discomforts of pregnancy. Listen to her with your undivided attention. Help her relax in the evening by rubbing her back and feet. We've talked about this in previous weeks but Mom just needs you to be there for her. As simple as this sounds, it can be difficult at times. Remember that doing what you can for Mom is also your first
parenting steps for your child.

Inspirational Thoughts:
"We can't give our children the future, strive though we may to make it secure. But we can give them the present." ~Kathleen Norris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like everything is going well and you are getting the baby fed. We continue to pray for a safe delivery and a healthy baby. Thanks for all the updates and don't over do it with all the chores, leave some for Shawn :)