Friday, May 9, 2008

More Grandpa Georgia Pics

Here's Grandpa Georgia & all the grandchildren (that have been born thus far). Grace is on the left, then Daniel, then Dad, then Emma up top, Faith is next to Joshua and the Bean is the one on the far right. Soon there will be half a dozen!I already posted about things we did while Dad was here, so now I'll post new Joshua stories. Shawn stumbled across this very lame youtube video of two college boys constantly jumping up and down giving each other a high five. Watching this absolutely cracks Joshua up, though, with a real belly laugh each time they do. Then, of course, we laugh at Joshua's amusement...he is so cute when he's cracking up.Joshua understands more and more of what we're saying. Yesterday he walked right up to his chair for both breakfast and lunch when asked if he was hungry or ready to eat. Also, if you say you're going to change his diaper, he'll walk into his bedroom and stand at the changing table (even though he dislikes the actual diaper change). At nap time, I told him that we were going to go get his blankey, and again he walked into the nursery, this time standing next to his crib. I should stop calling it his room, though, because hopefully someday soon we'll have his new room completed so that the baby can take over the nursery.One of my favorite things that Joshua says is "okay" because he sort of sings it (I notice he pronounces things like I say them to him) and he very deliberately says "o" and then "k". Sometimes I ask him a rhetorical question like "are you ready to go bye bye" and he'll respond "okay!" This makes me smile everytime. This morning he also pointed to his eyes, nose, lips and teeth. Then he about poked my eyes out to show me mine. Hmmm....maybe you don't want to teach your kids about finding eyes. He also does a fantastic job with putting together puzzles. He knows where each item goes, but sometimes he has a harder time than others actually matching up the picture to place it in. This morning we were playing with his snap beads and I put them together as a 'hat' that I would sneeze off since he enjoyed that game last time. He kept handing me back my 'hat' and saying 'achoo! achoo!' for me to do it again. Then I put it on him (as a necklace) and he shouted 'achoo!' but realized he had to throw it off himself (it wouldn't just fall from the sneeze). It cracked me up! What a ham! The last cute story from this week is when he reached into the shower and grabbed Shawn's shampoo, acted like he was dumping some on his head. Then, to my amazement, he acted like he was rubbing it into his hair, just like Daddy. So precious! He's growing by the minute!

No comments: