Thursday, May 8, 2008

Petting Zoo Fun with Grandpa Georgia

Dad arrived Saturday to spend most of the week with us in Lancaster. We met him & Becky, who had picked him up from the airport, at Oregon Dairy on Saturday for lunch and I enjoyed their delicious chocolate milk...too much of it. That night we hung out at Jen's house. The next morning, Shawn, Joshua & I went to church since I was on the worship team, and Joshua was good the entire time. Hooray for the Bean! Meanwhile, Dad went to visit with Uncle Jim & Aunt Karen. We met up again for supper at Becky & Tim's house for pizza & icecream.
On Monday morning, we went to Oregon Dairy again for breakfast and then I went home to work while Joshua napped. This week I've enjoyed writing several copy projects that have kept me busy, busy, busy. It's either feast or famine, but I don't complain at the opportunity to feast (as noted by all the eating I did while Dad was here...and I wonder why I gained a couple pounds at my last doctor's appointment). Monday night I gave the final to my advertising class (woohoo!) and am glad to be done for the semester.Tuesday morning, we went to breakfast at Bridgeport Family Restaurant or "the Greasy Spoon" as Dad calls it. I picked Dad up at Becky's since she decided not to go along, and when we passed Dart, Joshua cried out "Dada! Dada!" and started to cry, thinking I had missed the turn to go pick up his beloved Daddy. I was amazed that he recognized the building. After breakfast, we played in Jen's backyard (she has a swingset with a slide and all sorts of fun toys that Joshua loves, including a little playhouse, sandbox, basketball net, etc.) until Grace got home from school when we left to go to the petting zoo. These pictures are from that day. The kids seemed to really enjoy it, and afterward they were telling me about what animals they remembered seeing, which included a turtle, a yak, a llama, some goats, a parrot that talked, pigs, a gobbling turkey, peacocks, ducks, and more!That night we went out to dinner as a family to Hoss' Steakhouse, one of our favorites since it's super kid-friendly. Joshua usually eats well there, too. Wednesday morning, we were back at Bridgeport for breakfast and then we played more at Jen's house with the kiddos. Joshua's now able to climb the steps and go down the slide (even though it makes me nervous when he tries without anyone behind him). He also is starting to step over things, and I see him physically able to balance more. He loved all the time we spent outdoors! He also thought Grandpa Georgia was a hoot. He wasn't so sure at first, but once he tickled Dad's beard and Dad made him laugh, they were pals. Joshua's also more interested in Daniel than he used to be, as Daniel is now crawling and able to interact more. Joshua's favorite is Grace, though I think, who acts mommy-esque and always tries to share with him and include him. It's really cute to watch.Wednesday night I gave the final to my marketing class, so now all I have to do is review grades for borderline students and submit them, file some paperwork and I'm done for the summer! Hooray!!! While I was at class, Grandpa Georgia went to see Grace's softball practice. We gathered back at Jen's for some chocolate chip cheesecake, which ended up being my supper with the busy day I had. Dad spent the night here last night then so he could stay with the Bean while Shawn & I went to my ultrasound appointment this morning.Dad's friend from Dubois came and picked him up later this morning. His friend's wife died a couple years ago from cancer, and tomorrow's the anniversary (as well as his birthday). They're going to have some fun and head up that way so Dad can see his other brothers and attend an auction for a camp he was looking at buying.I have lots more pictures from the week, but I'll post more later. Enjoy these ones from the day at the zoo - we had lots of fun in the sun! Have a safe trip home, Grandpa Georgia! We'll see you in July!

No comments: