Wednesday, April 2, 2008

New Firsts

On Sunday at church, Joshua clapped along with the music during worship for the first time. He loves to clap for himself, but this time he clapped along to the fast songs like the rest of us were. So cute! He was fairly good the entire way through church, and I got to hear the entire sermon for the first time in a long time. Hooray!

Joshua also started playing peek-a-boo with just his little hands hiding his eyes. It's adorable to watch, but every once in awhile, he accidentally pokes himself in the eye. He's played peek-a-boo for a long time, but he always used a blanket or something else to hide his little face. Just those hands is priceless.

Another first happened over the weekend where Joshua was blowing kisses to us...and then he clapped his hand into his face like he was catching one. It was precious. It also sounded like he said "love you" tonight...it melted my heart.

On Sunday afternoon, I went to a baby shower for Shawn's cousin's wife (does that make us cousin-in-law's? I'll just say family...) and Shawn took Joshua to the petting zoo at Hayloft Candles for a little while. The Bean loved it! I love how well the two of them get along. There is no one in the world more special to Joshua than his loving Dada! They play the evenings and weekends away. I'm still the one that sings and snuggles Joshua to sleep at night, though, and we have our own bonding times.

There's another first...Tuesday morning, Joshua didn't wake up until 10:30 am!!! I kept checking on him, and he was breathing okay. I think he was just tired. I'm hoping that he's not getting a cold. Tuesday he refused to eat much of anything and his little nose is running again. Ugh!

I'm sure there was more to post about...from doing lunch with Nonie & Aunt Missy Tuesday to seeing my nieces and nephew over the weekend and Monday morning. I pulled a couple of good April Fools Day pranks, and Millersville University was in lockdown that day (thankfully I wasn't here). I've had writing jobs and worship practice and fun times with Joshua...but to post about them now? It's only Wednesday night and my brain is fried...maybe another day! For now you can enjoy the pictures of him wearing his Daddy's medal and playing.

No comments: