Friday, April 25, 2008

How Beautiful Are the Feet of Those Who Bring Good News!

"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" Romans 10:15, Isaiah 52:7

Yesterday, Joshua & I spent the entire day outside, and we had the dirty feet to prove it! We were both wearing our crocs, but they allow the dirt to bless our feet like sandals would. We didn't care - we LOVED the weather. The bank clock read 79 degrees with a warm, refreshing breeze and abundant sunshine. I called my sister at 9 am and asked if her and the kids would like to go to the park. And I'll be honest, I had a million things to do and didn't feel like the park. But, I thought that Joshua had to come first. I was glad we went. He enjoyed being outside and truly, so did I. All the kids played on the playground and then we did 90% of the walking trail before we headed for home, which was good since it was about time for Grace to come home from school.

We went home long enough for me to feed Joshua his lunch and change his diaper, and then we decided to meet Daddy for his lunch, and Joshua slept a little in the car on the way there and home. Afterwards, Joshua had his last physical therapy session. We played outside in our backyard and Miss Trish gave us pointers for setting up obstacle courses of things for him to climb over and pull. But, he's really accomplished every goal we set out with, including starting to go up and down stairs with help, walking backwards, running, and walking holding our hands. I couldn't be prouder of him. She said he'll get more balance, coordination and skill the more he practices what he's just learned. So, we're going to go to a tracking program with Early Intervention rather than a scheduled appointment time. With tracking, Early Intervention will send us a survey to complete and send back in. Then if he's behind on anything, they'll let us know. In the meantime, if we have questions or concerns, we can always call and request more help. He's eligible for this portion of the program until he's three. It made me reflect on my first visit and all the sessions we've gone through...another chapter in our life is closing. But, that's a good thing! Joshua is doing amazingly well!

No comments: