Friday, April 4, 2008

More Fun Firsts for 4/4

I knew there were more cute things that Joshua was starting to do, but I was so tired Wednesday I couldn't think of them. So here are a few more cute Bean stories. The other day I had kicked off my socks & shoes in the office where we were playing, knowing I would need them again soon when we were leaving but feeling warm (don't 'barefoot' and 'pregnant' go together?). Later, Joshua discovered my socks, and saying "sock," came up to my feet and tried to put the sock on my foot. One, I thought it was so fascinating that he not only knew what it was, but he knew it was supposed to go on Momma's foot and was trying to help me like I help him everyday. It was precious. He did the same thing to help Dada get ready another night. I dug out some of my old Clifford books to read to the Bean, and he loves the Big Red Dog. We used to read Jordon's "Clifford Visits the Farm" which is where he began to say "quack" and "Mooo." Now his new favorite is "Clifford Takes a Trip." The last few days he's been pointing to Clifford on every page and says 'BOW WOW WOW!' because that's what Clifford says in his books rather than "woof, woof." It's so cute!Shawn & I have been teaching him to say "more, please" rather than just "more, more, more." His "more, please" sounds a bit more like "more cheese" but he's getting the idea. This morning I woke up to him politely shouting 'more cha--eeeeese!' I don't know what he wanted "more" of, but I'm sort of assuming it was me...getting him down to play, of course. :)Daddy has watched the Bean every night this week. Monday & Wednesday I had class, Tuesday I had worship practice, and last night I went to a neighborhood gathering of women, which was nice. (There I learned A LOT more about the people who owned this house before us, but that's a whole 'nother story...). Daddy has taken Joshua outside a few times, and Joshua is beginning to understand how to kick the ball and also to hold hands to do stairs. Daddy's getting frustrated, though, because Joshua now wants to climb down stairs whether there's anyone there or not. I think it's super that Joshua's willing to try to do stairs with Daddy. With me, he's all about the crawling on them (which is probably wise since I'm not as quick to catch as Dada is).Lastly, as I've been asking Joshua questions, there are times that I think he's trying to say "yes" which sounds like "yesshh" or he'll shake his head no and sometimes say "no." I love watching him learn to communicate. What a big boy!

No comments: