Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The End of Easter 2008

Let the Weekend Begin!
Friday Shawn emailed and said "We're going out to Carusos for dinner. No arguments. Be ready with the Bean." I protested slightly, letting him know I had already de-thawed the meat and had dinner planned. But, I LOVE getting out of the house, so this was a nice treat. Joshua was really good while we were there, even though he hadn't eaten much all week. I think we'd be lucky to see everything he eats add up to 200 calories. Oh, Bean, please start eating again! Anyway, some random woman came up to us when we were almost finished and told us we have the most adorable, well-behaved son. We were both proud parents of our precious little boy. Joshua has been sleeping through the night again for awhile now, which also helps our moods. :)
A Taxing Saturday
For as great as Friday started the weekend, Saturday was a rather blah day for me. I took Joshua over to my mom's house to play with Emma so we could work on our taxes. Mom was gracious enough to feed her baby & my baby some breakfast (yumm!) while Shawn went to Barnes & Nobles to research some tax laws & codes since this year was hairy for us with me being self-employed and us buying the rental house. Unfortunately, when he got home, Comcast was having an outage in our area; only, we didn't know that so Shawn spent quite a bit of time trying to fix our computer. Ugh! We barely got started with our taxes (since we were dowloading the tax software online) until it was time to pick up the Bean. And, somehow in the last couple of weeks we managed to lose the sheer curtains we had bought for our living room that mom was going to hem for us. Grrr...it was not a fun day. I decided to take a nap when Joshua did to see if my mood got better. Sure enough, a little sleep went a long way. (Thank God for my patient husband.) After I woke up, mom called to see if we wanted to join her for supper. Sure! Jen & Mike and their kiddos came along, too, and we all went to Hoss' and enjoyed the salad bar. Joshua & Daniel ended up sitting in high chairs across from one another to save space, and they were so cute. I wished I had taken my camera along...
Celebrating on Sunday
Sunday morning I had to be at church early since I played the keyboard for worship. Shawn was in charge of getting Joshua dressed and ready, and he did a super job! I was glad to see my boys at church. Joshua did well in the nursery again, so Shawn & I heard the entire sermon, sitting together as a couple. Hooray! The sermon was very good (and short!) on having confidence, with the word being broken down into con-fideo meaning "with faith." He told us how those who lack confidence are ones that seem full of pride and complain a lot, etc. (ouch - did that look like me on Saturday or what???). But, we must remember that we can do everything in Christ who strengthens us and equips us (Hebrews 13). Pastor Mark also noted that in order to do the things we are called to do confidently, we're going to have to read our Bibles. And, it's important to read the Bible thoroughly and in context. He said that many folks divide the Bible and use single verses to mean what they want to emphasize. He used a very funny example where he put together a bunch of lines from stories that were all true and from the Bible, but when they were strung together they made absolutely no sense. So, it's important to know God's word and be confident that He has given us the ability to do what He's called us to do.
After church, I made lunch using the meat I had gotten out of the freezer on Friday morning. In the meantime, Joshua napped. When he got up, we headed to Nonie & Poppy's to celebrate Easter with the Good's. He wasn't very interested in the egg hunt, but we've already enjoyed some of the items in his Easter 'basket' including the crayons and coloring book. Thanks so much! We ate a delicious dinner and enjoyed visiting with all the relatives. :) Joshua had so much fun with Kali, who played with him and fed him snacks and led him around. She asked if they could go outside, and he LOVED it! We all went out for awhile until I got too cold. Then Daddy & Unlce Brian stayed outside playing with the kiddos. Thus ends the Easter celebrations for this year...although we celebrate the reason for Easter every day!

No comments: