Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thankful For...Our New Baby

On November 6, one year after Joshua's due date, we found out that we're going to be having another little one! Since we were so close to Thanksgiving, we decided to wait to tell our family & friends until most everyone was all together for the holidays. I'm TERRIBLE at keeping secrets, but I did okay this time. There were many times that I thought someone might catch on (I was hot, hungry, nauscious, etc. on a few occasions) and Bonnie & my mom had mentioned wanting another grandchild to Shawn & me and we had to bite our lips to keep from giggling or spilling the beans. But, we made it to Thanksgiving Day. I called my Dad in the morning and told him to start making his travel arrangements for July. At Mom's house, we went around the table to say what we were thankful for. Shawn was last and talked about being thankful for Joshua and thankful that in seven months...that's all he got out that I remember. Everyone cheered, especially my mom. I was glad that she was happy since this has been a really difficult time for her.

With the extended family at Mike & Bonnie's house, we didn't get to see both Nonie & Poppy together until the end of the evening when we were just about ready to leave. So, we told them then. We told Grandma & Grandpa Ginder & Aunt Erica when we arrived Friday night. Shawn called Missy & Kevin and Brian & Gayle to let them know. I've also told a few friends and my class last night when they asked how my Thanksgiving was, which everyone clapped. I was surprised. They are good kids.

Because of some issues over the weekend, my doctor ordered a STAT ultrasound yesterday to make sure everything was okay with the baby. We got to see him/her for the first time! We saw the little heart beat, the head and body, the arm buds beginning to form, and the legs. I'm a little over seven weeks, with my due date in July. We'll find out if we're having another amazing boy or a precious baby girl in March. We're thrilled with the thought of having another little one to bless our home with joy.

Last night Shawn & I gave each other a hug, and Joshua was in the room with us. He smiled and so Shawn and I started to dance in this embrace. Joshua came right up to us, clutched onto my pant legs and started to dance with us. We could see his moves in the mirror and we were all cracking up, including the Bean. Children are such a joy from heaven. I pray that God gives us wisdom & strength to raise them both well. And, I'm also praying there are no more complications with this pregnancy. We're believing in a completely healthy little one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Val!!! How exciting! Children are such a blessing from the Lord. I'm praying that your pregnancy goes very smoothly. Love you.
-Connie