Friday, November 9, 2007

Teething Tooter

Joshua is definitely getting his one-year molars. He keeps sticking his fingers in the back of his mouth, and twice now he's vomitted from gagging himself. I can't wait until they push through so he's back to his normal self.

On Tuesday, Joshua had physical therapy. It might be the last time we see Laura from Schreiber because she's due to have her second son on December 10, and our next appointment would be the Tuesday before that. I hope she'll be back, but I would understand why she wouldn't be wanting to crawl around on the floor at 9 months pregnant...and she could even give birth before then. Joshua's just a little too hesitant to start walking without holding onto something. We've been trying to work with him, but I know he'll let go on his own time. He threw his first all-out temper tantrum while she was making him work. I've never seen one last so long (other than with his breathing treatments, which outlast him). It came complete with throwing himself backwards and thrashing his legs. For awhile we tried to console him, and then she and I both walked into the kitchen to take his audience away. Pretty soon he came out with a nicer demeanor. The pediatrician said that fits are normal between 12 and 15 months, and it's how we handle them now that will make the difference for how he behaves in the future. Lord, please give me the wisdom, patience and grace to handle these well. When Joshua's upset, all I want to do is hold him, but please help me teach him obedience so he's a good boy!

Joshua's also had a runny nose and a bit of a fever off and on for the last couple days. At first I thought it was from his teeth coming in, but now I think he might have had another cold. It's so hard to tell. Tuesday night we went out to vote, and Joshua was up most of the night that night. I cuddled him back to sleep, only to have him wake up again when I put him back in his crib. Teeth? Cold? Reflux? Hmmm... Wednesday we got our new furnace and hot water heater so I couldn't take a nap (not that I can normally sleep too well during the day anymore - I'm always wondering when he'll wake up). By Wednesday night I was exhausted. Shawn finished Joshua's bath and put him to bed while I crashed. Daddy must have been playing video games in our bedroom because Thursday morning the controller was out and Joshua found it first thing, sat down in Daddy's place, and struck the pose - looking very much like Daddy does when he plays. I cracked up; then I ran to get the camera. Sooo cute!

Mr. Joshua took two larger naps yesterday, which made me worry slightly but I figured he needed his rest. Mom & Jamie swung by and the four of us took a walk, even with the 40-degree temperature. I put Jordon's hat on Joshua, and I thought he looked adorable, so again I took some pictures. Then last night, Joshua didn't want to sleep again. So, today I'm going to try and make sure that his nap doesn't last more than an hour, which is his typical. I need to get some sleep - I'm soooo tired. I was going to try to lay down when he laid down just now, but the contractor called and said he needed to quickly peek into our attic. So, there went that idea. Instead, I made the bed and figured I'll just try to grab eight hours tonight so long as the Bean cooperates.





1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

I have been out of the blog world lately! I have to get caught up...on yours and on my own!

I know I say this every time, but Joshua just gets cuter and cuter and I'm not sure how that is even possible. He tipped the cuteness scale long ago! I'm glad he's getting so much use out of Jude's walker, but I hope he lets go soon.

Praying you're getting some rest, my friend!

Love ya!
Me