Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Random Thoughts

SNOW before Thanksgiving?
Yesterday we woke up to snow on the ground. It wasn't a ton, but it was enough to keep our yard from getting evened out where the tree had been and our driveway from being paved. On my way to school last night, I realized that 101.3 is playing all Christmas music. I haven't even tasted the turkey yet! I think Christmas comes earlier and earlier each year. While I enjoyed singing along to a few of these songs, I don't really start thinking about Christmas until Black Friday...shopping here we come!

House Renovation Update
Our driveway is now paved, our dining room trim is up, we have pull-down stairs to our attic and trim in the dining room. Our house has been a flurry of activity the last few days with people giving us quotes and starting to arrive to do work, etc. Our contractor said his goal is to have everything completely finished by Christmas, including our new kitchen IF the cabinets will come on time. I hope they will! While our house is utter chaos and will be for awhile (if there was ever a time to work outside the home, it's now!) it will be so nice when they're done. Nice probably isn't the word (cosmetically it won't look much different); efficient is problem a better term. With a new roof, windows, furnace, plumbing and electric, our house will run properly. Looks? We'll have to wait awhile, save up some more money and work hard ourselves at trying to make it look nice.

Update on Jamie
Most of the time when I'm at Mom's house, Jamie is sleeping. But, I read this on Mom's online journal and laughed out loud (most of the time I cry from reading this site)...
"His speech is still garbled most of the time, or if he does get a word out, it's the wrong word. He seemed to realize this yesterday morning, because he said clearly "Oh, man" (just like Swiper the Fox on Dora the Explorer!) and then "It's all mixed up." He slept a lot yesterday, 4 or 5 hours at a time. Last evening Becky and Tim stopped in. He knew them, and reached up first to shake Tim's hand. After they left, I was getting him settled for the night. Then I said to him, 'Who loves you?' (a game we play with the grandkids) and he answered, clear as a whistle, 'Fulton Bank.'"

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

Okay, your mom's blog on Jamie...Priceless! I am still laughing about that. Oh, thank you, Lord, that you give us moments of laughter amidst grief.

Someone was telling me the other day that Santa's reindeer are getting older. You can tell because he has to start coming earlier and earlier each year in order to make it on time for his big Christmas appearance. Apparently. What the heck?!

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy!!!

Love ya!
Julie

P.S. I'll get back to you about getting together...maybe even plan something for next week if we're lucky! :)