Thursday, December 6, 2007

Snow Much Going On...

Shawn's Grandpa Kennel was ushered into heaven this week, and the viewing is tomorrow night with the funeral Saturday morning. On the other hand, the hospice nurse that guessed at "days" for Jamie now said that he's eating enough to live for months longer. He can't really express himself with speech and he's took weak to move at all, even to sit up in a chair. But, so long as he can continue to eat and drink, his body will live on unless the Lord takes him home as well.
This was my last full week of classes and next week is finals. So, I've been grading, grading, grading papers and finished up yesterday during the lovely snow. I had to venture out in it (and yes, it was a little icy) because Millersville didn't cancel classes. I was one of three professors that showed up (I'm sure my students were thrilled). I'm teaching two classes in the Spring - advertising & marketing. Hopefully it goes okay with the baby due to arrive in the summer. I've also gotten more writing jobs lately (praise God!), which has kept me busy.


Joshua is continuing to talk up a storm and makes me smile daily. He just has such a friendly disposition and is a good kid, for the most part. We were playing today on the floor and I went to stretch out and he jumped on top of me like I was saying "let's wrestle!" I laughed out loud. What a funny little guy!

He had fun with Aunt Missy & Uncle Kevin and their two puppies on Tuesday night while Shawn & I went to the Christmas Banquet for the Lord's House of Prayer. We had a good time, and it was nice to be able to get out together. We couldn't believe Joshua was still behaving well when we picked him up at 10 pm! But, he fell asleep in the car before we even buckled him in.

On Saturday we finally put up our Christmas tree and decorated our house for the holidays. I love it! I have tons of classy & cheesy decorations, and the whole house is filled with cheer. I missed baking cookies with my sister & mom this year since we were up north, but I'm planning on baking cookies with Bonnie, Alicia, Hilary, Missy & Gayle this coming Tuesday if all goes well. I'm also decorating gingerbread houses with my sister's family this coming Friday, which I look forward to every year. I need to start my Christmas shopping soon, too!

Sunday's church service was on thankfulness, so I think it's something God is trying to teach me right now. Bill surprised me and asked me to lead two songs at practice. I think they went okay during church, but it's hard for me to tell when I'm on stage. I asked Shawn what he thought, and he explained that he wasn't listening because Joshua was busy playing with his buddy Austin and Shawn was trying to keep an eye on the Bean. Oh well. It was worship to the Lord and not for anyone else.

Sunday after church we went to see "A Dickens of a Christmas" at the Mansion in Mount Hope with the Renaissance Faire actors. It was great for something different, but probably not something I would do again. Nonny & Poppy watched Joshua for us, and Shawn & I loved having a date night.

I'm sure there's been more going on - friends I've seen, things we've done, cute things that Joshua has done that I've thought "I have to post that!" but alas, my memory is failing me. My brain has taken a vacation again with this pregnancy (or at least I'll blame it on Miss or Mr. Good-to-be!). I'll post pictures as soon as I download some from my camera. I don't take that many any more because I HATE the digital camera Shawn bought us when ours died. But, I do have some to put up sometime soon, hopefully. Mr. Bean just woke up from his nap, so I must run.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Val,

Remember me?

Love,
Your Blog

Julie Garner said...

Hey, Val...

Just wanted to say that I miss you on here (and that was me that left you the crazy comment from your blog!). I do check in with you every day or so...and no new updates from the Good family. LOVED your family picture/Christmas card. Joshua is just so adorable!

Love you!
Julie