Monday, December 17, 2007

Gingerbread & Good Family

On Wednesday, I gave my last final of the semester and posted everyone's grades that Friday. Hooray for being done for a month!!! I still haven't gotten the advertising book yet that I need to read for the Spring, though. Grrr...

Thursday night Aunt Missy & Uncle Kevin watched Joshua while Shawn & I went to the mall to do more Christmas shopping. Aunt Missy said he remembered where she kept certain toys and things, even though this was only his second time being there in awhile. I see him getting bigger by the day. He's definitely gaining weight and fitting into his clothing better. He's also doing new things like dancing - which he did before but now he really gets into it with his little bottom shaking, head banging, arms flapping and knees bending. I love it! Every time I see him dance, it makes me smile. He's still talking about a storm in non-words but does mimic our sounds, so we're having to be more careful about what we say, as I discovered the other day...

Friday night gingerbread house decorating was postponed because my sister's friend's friend has a little girl that just went into the hospital in Hershey. Please pray for her, if you think of it. She's 10 years old and started literally bruising everywhere and the doctors haven't determined why but said if her blood counts get any lower, she'll need a transfusion. I'm sure this is difficult during the holidays, and I know her parents who are kind, giving and thoughtful people. Pray for peace for the family, wisdom for the doctors and healing for this young gal. We got together on Saturday morning to decorate the houses instead, and because Joshua had been up the whole night before, Daddy stayed home with the Bean while I went. Joshua wasn't fussy throughout the night, he was talking. And talking. And talking. But, we wanted him to nap Saturday so that he would be better prepared for the Good family Christmas gathering. Since I was without a partner, I told Jen I didn't mind if one of her kiddos wanted to help me since the three girls were anxious to help work on her house. Grace came over and did much of the decorating while I helped guide and 'glue' with the paste. I thought all the houses turned out well, but it was a much different experience with kiddos helping vs. Shawn & I decorating together. We had fun.

Saturday night was Grandma Good's Christmas, and we had a great time as usual. This was again different from years past since we actually had Joshua along this time. He did okay for the most part, though. We had a few breakdowns, but nothing too major. I think he gets overwhelmed with a crowd in general. The evening started with decorating Christmas ornaments (the women usually do a craft of some kind). Then we had a scrumptious dinner of sandwiches and snacks, followed by games played by the adults and then the opening of gifts by the kids. I love Shawn's family, and we always have fun there every year. Joshua loves the gifts he received, and was playing with his cars, his piggy and his bouncing ball last night. Thanks, Grandma Good, for always making us feel so special! When we got home, Joshua went right to bed so we rented the Bourne Ultimatum, which was super.

While we didn't get the bad weather they were calling for, I woke up Sunday morning with what felt like a migraine. I could barely move from my head pounding (and no, I didn't drink any eggnog, for those of you wondering). I finally caved in and took some tylenol and went back to bed while Shawn graciously watched Joshua. I felt better when I got up the second time, for the most part, so we went back out to do Christmas shopping, came home and Shawn wrapped gifts while I cleaned our house (the dust left behind by contractors is terrible to keep up with!), we ate dinner, watched the season finale of Survivor and called it a night...

No comments: