Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 Reflections

I remember someone at our worship conference in January 2007 calling this the year of completion. On the seventh day, God rested. I think we saw 'completion' in many different ways this year. We saw an end to the earthly life of Jamie, Grandpa Kennel & Uncle Vernon and with that an end to their sicknesses and ailments. I'm believing that 2007 was an end to all of Joshua's sickness, too. We have some follow-up doctor's appointments scheduled, but I see Joshua growing and thriving now.
This was a big year for Joshua. He got his first teeth, started sitting up on his own, began crawling, started cruising, learned how to eat solid foods, stopped drinking from a bottle, started 'talking' and many other amazing accomplishments. Last night as I was rocking him to sleep, I was in awe at how big he is now. His cheek was resting on my shoulder and his head was above it, yet his feet (even though he was curled up) were still off the edge of the chair. This is a far cry from the 3 lb 4 oz baby I once held...I'm so grateful for the Bean.
This year, Shawn & I found out we're going to welcome another child into the world. We also started renovating our house, which will hopefully be finished in early 2008. We also took a step of faith and purchased our first investment property this year. Together we've experienced great joy, great sorrow, shear exhaustion, moments of triumph, moments of laughter, moments of tears, and every emotion in between. Thankfully, we've experienced these things together as a team. I'm so thankful for my amazing husband.
As I reflect on this past year, I have to thank the Lord for his unending faithfulness. He has provided us with a job for Shawn & side jobs for me that have worked out well so I could stay home with Joshua. I never imagined I'd be able to stay home and take care of our little boy, and God has faithfully provided for our family. I'm thankful for my teaching opportunity at MU and for being able to write, which I truly enjoy. I'm thankful for our home, for our little family of three and a third, our extended family, our friends and our church. As I was singing Joshua to sleep last night and praising God, I realized that most of all, I'm thankful for a Creator who loves us, has our best in mind, who called us by name, who has chosen us, who has told us we don't need to worry because He will take care of us, and who has given everything so that we might have eternal life and abundant life here on earth. I have wonderful memories from 2007 and look forward to an incredible 2008...
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

What a great look back!

And I loved the "BAH!" story. Poor Austin. Very funny though.

Happy New Year, Val!
Love ya!
Julie