Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Cookies & Contractors

Our house is still a work in progress. They've finished putting up our interior doors & closet doors, three of our exterior doors and all our new windows except the bay window, which will come after Christmas. The siding on the back is also finished, but the rain/dreariness has kept them from finishing doing the aluminum capping of our windows, garage, sun porch, etc. and our much needed gutters. The electrician is supposed to come tomorrow and Friday, but we'll see if that still works out. Even though all the guys are super nice, I'm getting tired of having people in my house all the time. You just feel like you can't be yourself or do what you want to do, whatever that may be.


On Tuesday we went to Nonie's house to bake Christmas cookies. Joshua wouldn't nap and was completely crabby the entire day, but other than that it was nice. I'm looking forward to decorating gingerbread houses Friday night and going to Grandma Good's house on Saturday, one of my favorite traditions. Shawn & I are supposed to finish our Christmas shopping tomorrow, but we'll see how that goes with the impending weather report.


Right now I'm waiting to give my last final and I'm done for the season! Hooray! I've been writing a lot this week, and Joshua was sooo good for me today. It made up for the crabby Bean he was yesterday. He is the cutest kid. I think he's gaining weight, too, and getting taller. He also is talking with more and more sounds (not a lot of "real" words, though). I think he's trying to say "thank you" sometimes as I've been trying to teach him that. I handed him a toy today and he said "kg-go" or something close. I'm not sure, but it was right on cue.


As far as me, I've been doing well for the most part. I'm tired but we've been busy and my body is trying to grow another human being, so I think that's to be expected. I'm loving Christmas music and watching Joshua light up when our Christmas tree lights are on, etc. I'm thankful for our family and our extended family and the holiday season when we take the time to see one another and appreciate each other.

No comments: