Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Day After

Yesterday was Jamie's burial or 'interment' at National Indiantown Gap Cemetary. I was amused by the processional to get there - the funeral director in the lead car didn't wait for traffic lights or anything; he just waved his flag and took up the intersection and we all followed. After we got there, Pastor Titus Kauffman from Petra read a few scripture verses, the color guard fired their guns, a man played 'taps' on his trumpet, and two active duty military men did the flag ceremony that they gave to mom. It was quite nice and made everything more 'final.' Afterward, Shawn & I drove back to the house so we could get some work done before we met Mom, her friend Connie, and my sisters and Mike at Isaacs for lunch.

Nonie came to pick up Joshua in the morning so we could go, which was very nice of her. We picked up Joshua, and she said he was very good all day. He took two longer naps and played nicely, which is always nice to hear. Jordon stopped by while we were there, and he was snapping pictures with the new kid's camera we got him. I'm so glad he's enjoying it.

Last night we made left overs for dinner, I talked to my Dad on the phone and we had a little time to play and relax from a busy weekend. It was a sad day today that Shawn had to go back to work after having the time off for the funeral services, which I really appreciated his work being so understanding about. I'm glad that he's only gone today and tomorrow before being home on Saturday. I miss him!

No comments: