Saturday, December 29, 2007

Locks of Love

Joshua's first haircut took place Saturday, December 29, just after 8 p.m. I have his first little 'locks' saved in a plastic baggy. Here are some before pictures...
We started by putting him in the bathroom sink so that he was up high enough and we could keep him steady. What does he do first thing? Turns on the water, of course! BEAN! He then reached for the soap and anything else that he wasn't supposed to have, so I quickly grabbed his nearby bath toys and other things to keep his mind and hands occupied. He did NOT like the haircut. I think it must have tickled because he kept moving his head like he does when we tickle him. He did pretty well overall, and he sat still more when I praised him and told him just how handsome he looked and what an awesome job he was doing sitting still for Dad-da. I think Shawn had the hardest time around Joshua's ears. He started with actual scissors and when the Bean kept moving, he went straight for his shaver/clippers. Here's the after pictures...

After we were all done (other than a pile of soft hair to clean up), I got a little teary. My baby is growing up so fast...he looks like such a big boy now! And so handsome!

No comments: