Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Ecstatic Over Elliott!

Happy first day of August! The past few days have been pretty busy. Yesterday, Joshua went to Nonnie & Poppy's house and spent time with Aunt Alicia, Aunt Hilary & Cousin Jordon. He LOVED it! They had the neatest ducky toy in a rain outfit that has children's voices singing "Singin' in the rain" when you squeeze it. Joshua thought that was neato-burrito! He also gave Alicia "five" when she asked him, but he still refuses to do it for me (maybe because he seems to really like it when I do it for him - who knows?). Poppy said Joshua was being treated like a puppy with everyone surrounding him and petting him. I know he loves the attention. Anytime Jordon would talk, Joshua would look at him in awe. Everyone said what an easy baby he is - I'm so glad he was good. Thanks so much for watching him!

Today we went to my friend Kristen's house for lunch so Joshua & Elliott could play together and us gals could catch up. We had a great time! Joshua loved Elliott's toys, and the boys seemed to enjoy each other's company. Elliott turns a year old next week, and he's walking like a pro! He also makes the cutest noises. I was surprised that he can clap when he hears music, and when Kristen asks him where things are in the room like his ball or bat, Elliott goes and gets them. He's a sharp one! Elliott would pat Joshua's head, and Joshua kept trying to grab at him. I'm beginning to think that Joshua's love language is touch, like mine. It's probably too early to tell, though.

When we were there, Joshua crawled "one step" toward Kristen. He definitely moved forward - no question about it! He also spit up on her carpet after sharing some of Elliott's puffs - sorry Kristen! At least she's familiar with that since Elliott suffered from reflux, too. The picture on the left made me giggle, simply because Elliott looks so unhappy where Kristen looks ecstatic! I'm not sure what made Elliott cry, but he seemed to get over it very quickly. I thought both boys did extremely well. Thanks for the pizza, Kristen! I'm glad our little boys will be friends!

Sorry we missed you today, Julie! We'll have to plan another day to swim sometime soon!

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

I was hoping there were pictures posted from today! Dang! I'm bummed I couldn't come. Jude was a sleepy man though, and stayed in bed a good part of the day. It looks like it was fun though! Hope we can get together sometime soon. It never seems to work for the three of us to hang out. We need to change that!

Love ya!
Julie