Thursday, August 9, 2007

Leaving On a Jet Plane...

It's official. We booked the tickets. We're flying to see Grandpa Georgia from Thursday, September 6 through Sunday September 9. Hopefully Joshua does well on the flight!

This morning I watched Jen's kiddos so she could go to a dentist appointment. Grace said how Grandpa Georgia called her, and I told her that Joshua, Uncle Shawn & I were flying down to see him. She said she'd never been on an airplane. Then she asked me to take her to Sesame Street. Everything the kids said today was cracking me up! Grace guessed that I was 27, Faith said she didn't invite me over for spaghetti because it wasn't her birthday, Grace told me she bought her shoes at a yardsale in the winter, Faith told me that Joshua likes to "eat" everything (since he sticks everything in his mouth), and so many more goofy stories. I giggled all morning long... Joshua also liked being there for the most part, other than when the girls would get nose to nose with him or take his toy. He's not used to that! He needs to learn how to share.

We just signed Joshua up for the Kids Club at LA Fitness. That's where they will watch him up to two hours while we work out. Shawn & I went together last night, and then I took the Bean this morning at 8 a.m. (when they first open so the toys have been freshly cleaned) before I watched Jen's kiddos. He'll need some time to get used to being there, but I hope to take him every morning and get more into a schedule of working out on a regular basis.

Yesterday I put Joshua down for his nap and started to hear different noises. When I went to check on him, he was standing up playing with his froggy mobile that Aunt Missy had bought him for my baby shower. He LOVES it, and now he knows how to grab it. Silly Bean! Be careful!

Joshua has been biting everything and everyone. I struggle with knowing when is too early to begin disciplining? We usually put him down if he bites us as a form of "naughty chair timeout" since he hates to be left alone. But, I fear when he's around other people or kids. Shawn & I both have teeth mark bruises. Lord, teach us how to be good parents!

Well, Joshua is up from his nap and it's time to feed him. I also have lots of writing to get done today before I head out to my hair dresser appointment. Hoping to have a little more style before the start of school! Also praying that my book comes in for my second class so I can prepare! Here are a few pictures of Joshua standing and getting into the nooks and crannies of our office/playroom. He's such a cutie!

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

Oh my! Joshua Bean, you are getting too big for your britches!

I can't wait to hear how your salon-hair-color-production meeting went! See you guys tomorrow. And if it rains, let's just try to get the boys together for a little while anyway.

Love ya!
Me