Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Boys of Summer

Yesterday, Julie & Jude met me at Mom's house to swim since we missed them at Kristen's house. While Joshua was unsure of the floating raft last time Julie brought it along, he couldn't get enough of it this time! Jude does really well in his floating swimsuit and loves the slide that my nieces also adore. We splish splashed until noonish when the Bean started noticing his missed morning nap. So we got out, Grandma fed him and kept him while he napped, and Julie, the Judester and I went to the Upper Crust to have a tasty lunch. Jamie's Mom & Aunt Sylvia were there to be with him, so Mom didn't mind some Bean-time. Julie reminds me of myself in a lot of ways, and it's always fun to see her and Jude.

Julie also hooked me up with a new client, Shear Miracles. I went to get my hair colored Thursday night, and Robyn (the owner & hairdresser) also invited a few other people to discuss her business and what she needs marketing-wise. It was a little awkward to have my hair being colored during a business meeting (she must like to multi-task), but I have a few projects that I'll be working on. Plus, my gray hair is covered. So, all's well that ends well I guess. Since I was there until almost 10, I decided to wait to get my hair cut until another day.

This morning Shawn, Joshua & I were playing in the office and Shawn decided to go get a shower. Since Joshua was contented with his toys and I have a lot of projects to work on with tight deadlines, I went to the computer to start to write. All the sudden, I realized I no longer heard Joshua. I flew out of my chair and went looking for him. Guess where I found him (luckily!)...in the bathroom looking for "Dada." He had crawled the length of the upstairs of our house, pushed open the bathroom door and said "Da!" Shawn looked out with soapy hair at the same time I got there (so Bean must have just arrived) and said, "Tooter? What are you doing in here?" Time to get the baby gate up! I'm so glad he didn't tumble down the stairs! So, no more multi-tasking until the house is ready for a crawling baby. We started putting in the outlet covers, put on the door knob handles and covered all the coffee table edges and fireplace with the safety corners. We also dug out the one baby gate (we need another for our second set of stairs) to put up by the upstairs. We have the kitchen cabinet latches, but we need to charge the cordless screwdriver before doing those. Joshua loves to chew on cords (another thing we need to somehow hide), and his new favorite button to push is the lit-up on/off button of the computer. BEAN!

I guess Grandma Ginder is looking for ways to cool off, too, these days. She's getting ready for her move to Florida, evidently!

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

Let me start by saying...Grandma Ginder is a hoot! That shirt cracks me up!!!

Fun times at the pool and hanging out with you and Joshua! Glad he didn't tumble down the stairs. These kids make me crazy nervous with their new tricks!!!

Glad Jamie got some time outside. I'm sure he enjoyed that. I can't believe your mom has a sister that old. What is there, a 40 year age gap between them? ha!

Love you!
Julie