Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Fall

The weather today is rainy and chilly and in the 60's (for those of you reading this who aren't from around here). We have our windows open to get some fresh air, and I actually prefer it to be a little cooler than so stinkin' hot. Autum is my favorite time of year. The beauty of leaves beginning to change colors and the excitement of going back to school (for everyone other than teachers, I'm finding out), and the promise of holiday memories just around the corner...

While all those things made me title this post fall, I actually did fall today, taking a spill down our stairs. Thank God I wasn't holding the Bean at the time! I was planning on heading to Millersville today so I dressed up in nicer pants that have wider legs at the bottom and dress shoes with heels. I was running behind, so I was gathering my stuff and rushing to go downstairs and one of these heels caught my pant leg and I tumbled from the top stair to the bottom within seconds, hearing an awful sound from my left ankle. I'm also surprised that my muscles feel bad in my arms and I somehow managed to rip skin from my hand. Why, Lord, do I have to be so clumsy? Thankfully I don't think there was any permanent damage, but I don't think I'll be running at the gym over the next few days until everything feels completely normal again. Dangit! Praise God it wasn't worse, though, and that Joshua was not near to get hurt. Needless to say, I skipped going to Millersville until another day and Joshua didn't get to see his Aunt Missy & Uncle Kevin and their adorable puppies.

It made me think once again that I really must slow down, in general. I've been writing and studying and trying to be a good mom & wife and sometimes it gets to be overwhelming. I was listening to a song by Jenn Johnson called "A little longer" that talks about spending quality time with God, and how that's what he requires from us and not all the "extras" that we fill up our time with. Great song, which you can download from their website.

In other news, we made a "handshake-over-the-phone" agreement to purchase the little house on Old Philadelphia Pike in Bird-in-Hand. I hate to get too excited because I always know that something can fall through until it's concrete in writing, but it sounds like we're going to have a favorable outcome to buying this little investment property.

Tonight we're heading out to celebrate August birthdays with Nonie & Poppy & family at El Serrano. I pray that Joshua is well-behaved! Here are some pictures of him yawning & waking up after his nap. Sooo cute when he's sleepy.

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

Holy fall!!! My gosh, Val, that's totally something I would do.

Joshua doesn't look like he's feeling the best in these pictures, poor guy. Hope he's finally doing better.

I'm praying for you and your busy schedule. SLOW DOWN! Life's too short to be filled with things that you don't love and that don't matter in the end. Shawn and Joshua...they matter! You matter! God matters!

Love you, Friend! Fun seeing you on Monday.