Monday, July 2, 2007

Ringing the Bell!

This weekend we started pulling weeds (I say started because our overgrown yard is a never-ending process), Shawn mowed the lawn, and we spent time together as a family. Last night we were watching a movie and Joshua was playing with his toy phone. When it started to ring, Shawn paused the movie and said to me, "Can you get that?" since he thought our phone was ringing. I giggled and told him Joshua would take care of it.

Yesterday I helped lead worship at church, but Shawn & Joshua never showed. The Bean has been keeping us awake at night - almost as much as when he was fresh out of the hospital. Saturday night I begged Shawn to take him so that I could get enough sleep to be able to sing, and during church they both desperately needed the nap. Last night I let Joshua cry a solid 15 minutes but eventually went in and got him. I don't like to keep getting up with him (I don't want to create a habit) but I also don't want him to be lying there in pain and alone. Poor little one! Poor exhausted us again! Last night he yelled "Mama!" distinctly. It melted my heart.

This morning mom watched Joshua for almost an hour so I could run some errands. When I got back, she was feeding him some peas, and he promptly sneezed just as the spoon was going toward his mouth - peas flew EVERYWHERE. This very accidental mess was a funny sight. She told me that today is the last day of radiation for Jamie so he gets to ring a bell! Neat-o! The chemo also stops now for four weeks. During that time, we all head to the beach! Yahoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Val...You're little bean is so precious! I wanted you to know that I'm praying for your mom and Jamie.
Sandy Cove was fun. We stayed in the campground section, which is not their specialty...so it seemed a little run down. The hotel section of it is really nice. The girls had a lot of fun with the playground and the swimming pool (4 of them altogether) is amazing!\
Love you...Connie