Thursday, July 26, 2007

Favorite Worship Songs

I was looking up "Revelation Song" by Jennie Riddle today because I always feel like I sing it "wrong." I loved it from the moment I heard it, so I grabbed the music and began to play it but I think I taught it to myself a little bit off, simply going from memory. Just like it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks, it's hard to re-learn a song after you "know" it one way. I know if I hear a song played or sung off from its melody, it drives me crazy. I wonder if that's how God feels about it. I guess He probably just sees our heart and that we're trying to worship Him. Here are three favorites right now (I have TONS of favorites!) that I'm struggling with playing correctly or singing quite exact (they are links to the same worship leader singing them):

Revelation Song
No Sweeter Name
The More I Seek You

Hopefully the Lord is honored by my worship no matter what.

Updates: the antibiotics made me vomit (literally), so I had to get a new prescription for something else. So far my throat feels like it's been a dart board at a busy bar for the past month but I'm feeling a little more human overall. Joshua has not been running a fever. In other news, Jamie is staying in the hospital a little longer based on the doctor's recommendation of having him get stronger physically, emotionally and mentally before being released. I think that's a good plan.

No comments: