Monday, July 9, 2007

Brain Surgery

Today's the day - Jamie will go around 10 a.m. to have an MRI and then his actual surgery starts at 1 o'clock. It's supposed to last around four hours, so I probably won't hear anything until supper time. I also told mom that if she needs company, I'm available. I think some of Jamie's family might go in, and I want to make sure she has enough 'space.' I was wrong about the type of surgery they're doing - they are actually going to cut him open to get out as much of the tumors as they can; the neurosurgeon said that it's difficult to tell what's brain and what's tumor. I cried last night when mom told me that Jamie told the doctors that he does not wish to be on machines or rescutitated, so they gave him a blue wristband. I think I'd rather have them tattoo my hiney than see a wristband that reminds me... Please pray for Mom & Jamie both today when you think of it...for peace and God's will to be done.

No comments: