Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Smiles That Light Up Your Day

Yesterday I cut Joshua's nails for the first time. They've been getting progressively longer, and he keeps scratching himself accidentally. So, while he was sleeping, I trimmed them up. It was easier than I thought it would be. Thank God!

On Sunday night, Dr. Adzick called again and I had the opportunity to speak with him. He said that they were dismayed by our experience at CHOP, and his administrator who he brought with him when he moved from San Francisco was launching a full investigation. He assured me that they had never received a complaint like this before so he was taking appropriate action. He also asked about Joshua, which I thought was extremely nice. My sincerest desire is that no other child gets neglected under their care.

One thing I love about our son is that he is a snuggle bug and loves to be held and cuddled, which is also highly inconvenient when you have a million things on your to-do list. Oh well - he's only little for a short time, right?

Here are a couple pictures of him smiling, which is hard to capture on camera. He doesn't seem to enjoy getting his picture taken, so I have to be sneaky about getting the camera out at the right moment. He always moves or stops smiling right at that time. But, here are a few that show you just how adorable he is when he gives you one of those grins of his. It's wonderful!

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

Yes, hold him every moment you get now! It won't be long until he's jumping out of your arms, desiring more independence. Plus, did you ever hear that Sara Groves song "Just One Thing"? I think of that often when I feel like I have a million things to do and Jude is being needy. I don't want him to ever feel that he is just one more thing on my list. I want him to know that he is the top thing!

Can't wait to see you and Joshua next week. He is soooo cute! I think he is smiling early. I'm trying to remember, but I thought it was three months when Jude was doing that...and Joshua was doing it at two! He's a doll, Val!

Love ya!
Julie