Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Free at Last!

We're home! While at CHOP, Joshua hit the double digits for weight - that's right, we now have a 10 pounder here! His eyes also look great, which is also nice to know. Last night, Joshua didn't sleep one wink. We think he may not have been feeling well. He was grunting and displaying other signs of pain, so we gave him the correct dosage of tylenol. He was still fussy, but not as bad. I think it also takes some adjusting to keep switching beds and the environment that you're sleeping in, etc. He's also had terrible gas, which makes his belly upset. Today, though, he's happy as a clam while I'm thoroughly exhausted. This afternoon we go to the pediatrician for a follow-up appointment for him. I was trying to get a picture of him smiling, which he's been doing all day today even without any rest, and instead by the time the picture took, he's giving me this look of "why do you keep taking my picture, mommy?" By the way, I added other pictures from while we were at CHOP by those posts for you to see. I just loved the little hospital gowns they had for babies!

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

First things first...your son is GORGEOUS! I don't look at just every baby (that isn't my own...heehee) and think "GOREGOUS", but Joshua is a handsome little dude! Like Jude, I think his eyes are very expressive.

I'm so glad everything went well. I can't imagine what you have been through. Isn't he just the most precious gift you've ever been given?

Thanks for the updates!
Much love,
Julie