Friday, December 22, 2006

Perfect with a capital 'P'!

Yesterday, my mom stopped by in the morning with Grace and Faith (my two older nieces) for a few minutes because they've been feeling okay and dying to see baby Joshua. They didn't stay more than five minutes, during which time I was feeding him. When they got back to Grandma's house, they each wanted to play with a bottle and feed their doll babies. Too cute!

Shawn came home from work in just enough time to take Joshua to CHOP. Normally after a surgery we would have seen a nurse practitioner and one of the surgery "fellows" (who's not a fellow at all, I might add) but instead of a nurse practitioner, Dr. Adzick came with her to see us. He updated us on the progress they were making about my complaints. Unfortunately, Joshua who had been smiling right up until the point they came into the room promptly started to cry so I didn't hear too much of what he was saying. I noted to them that the last time he saw those two, he was being cut open (although, truly he would have already been out). Shawn heard it, though, and was satisfied that they were thoroughly researching and investigating and taking the proper steps to make changes as a process. After listening to Joshua and checking out his wound, Dr. Adzick proclaimed that he looks "Perfect with a capital 'P'!" The pathology report didn't show any surprises either. Now we have to make an appointment for six months to go in and get Joshua an Xray. After that, I believe we're going to be finished with health issues forever! AMEN!

Joshua seems to love the car. He slept most of the way down and back. That gave Shawn and I a good chance to talk about goals for fixing up our house, saving for retirement, our family, etc. It was nice. On the way back through, we called my sister Becky to tour her brand new big house that they just built. She moves in on Saturday. We must have worn the baby out because last night he woke up at 11, 2, 6 and then got up to stay at 9 (I had already been up for well over an hour and he continued to sleep). I got real rest inbetween feedings. It was awesome!

No comments: