Monday, December 4, 2006

Quick Update

They have officially told us we should be leaving today. We saw Dr. Adzick (Joshua's surgeon) this morning who told me that I was responsible to remove the surgical tape and dressings from the incision and chest tube entrance by this Friday. Ugh! I told him I wasn't extremely comfortable with it, and his response was "that's life." Shawn giggled. The same nurse practitioner who took her good ol' time with Joshua's chest tube on Saturday is the same one working today. She will be responsible for his discharge as well. One thing she asked was whether anyone ever checked his eyes. Since they hadn't, she ordered an opthamologist to come and double-check them. While his vision seems fine, it's standard procedure for his premature birthdate. Now his eyes are in the process of being dialated. I'm not sure what time we'll actually be released to go home, but I'm glad that they are doing a thorough check over him. When we get home, I'll update the site with pictures from while he was in here. They have little mini hospital gowns that are soooo cute! Joshua seems to be doing very well on just tylenol now. They noted that tylenol should only be given to little ones twice a day maximum and only when there is something 'severe' like surgery or ordered by the pediatrician, which I thought was interesting. I'm excited to have him home but slightly nervous since they are telling us signs to look for to make sure he isn't in excessive pain or getting an infection. I'm sure he'll do fine, though - we will continue to pray for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear when Joshua is home. If you need help with the surgical tape and dressing, I'm sure my Mom would be more than willing to help. I'm serious. Talk to you soon, Love, Suz