Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Five Days Before Christmas

Yesterday, we ventured out to Nonie's house to bake Christmas cookies with Aunt Missy, Aunt Alicia, Cousin Jordon and Aunt Gayle and Cousin Grant who came later (and Nonie, of course). We had fun even though Joshua was a little fussy. He's not used to being out of our house, and I think he was struggling with gas.

Today Joshua was doing much better. We had Grandma over for breakfast (ham & cheese omelet and croisssant with hot tea) this morning, and the baby got a bath the minute she walked in the door because seconds before the door bell rang, he created a mess like I've never seen before. I immediately threw all his clothing, my clothing, his changing pad cover, and everything near by in the washing machine. He slept 'like a baby' afterward, and I got lots of writing done.

This evening, my best friend Suzanne came over with her husband Greg and brought us takeout from Fiorentino's. It was great! Greg is finishing up his doctorate at Harvard, and they live in Cambridge, MA. It takes about 8 hours to make that drive, so I don't get to see her as often as I would like to. She makes dinners for new moms at her church and said she wanted to bring us a meal - they are too sweet! We sipped freshly brewed coffee by our fireplace and chatted most of the evening away. I can't wait until they move closer to us!
Tomorrow we take Joshua to CHOP for his follow-up appointment. We should hear the results from the pathology report where they sent the mass to be examined. Dr. Adzick will also look over his scar to make sure everything healed properly. Joshua seems to be doing so much better that I'm anticipating good news. This will be our last visit to CHOP for the next six months, where they will do another Xray just to make sure that there isn't any compensatory growth. I'm believing we are done with surgeries and health issues! Praise God!

No comments: