Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The First Week of September

The first week of September was insanely busy. Things like hair appointments, inspections and practices kept us moving even beyond this being the first week of taking both my older boys to school AND me having school in the evenings. Whew! My calendar Thursday, September 6, for example said "Joshua school @ 8:45, Caleb school @ 9 am, take maternity jeans and exersaucer to Rebecca (my friend) after preschool, Body ATTACK (my favorite class has a new time!) @ 12:15, Joshua soccer practice @ 4 pm, teaching @ 6-10 pm, Nitrauer Ice Cream social @ 6 pm ). I also had to shower after the gym before heading to soccer practice, let alone driving time, etc. And I was glad that Shawn agreed to take the kids to the ice cream social at the school to enjoy some Friendly's ice cream.
On Friday morning, September 7, I called Grandpa Georgia and offered to treat him to breakfast for his birthday (which had been the previous week, but we had agreed to go another day since he had plans the day of his birthday and that weekend). We went to Oregon Dairy and afterward, Caleb played and played at the playground outside. Ryan also walked around a little bit. When we were finished, we went to the fruit stand and got the BEST watermelon of the season (in my opinion) for $1. It was gone by that night in our household. We also got some items at Sharp Shopper before going home so I could pick up Joshua from school.
I wish I had taken my camera and gotten it out to get some pictures of Caleb at the playground or Ryan enjoying his pancakes. I also didn't get any of Joshua's excited face as he came out of school, always happy to see us but having stories to tell about school. These are the "everyday" moments that I sometimes miss capturing, but they are important to me and what make me smile often.
 The pictures on this post are from Joshua's birthday photo shoot, which I will post about later. :)

No comments: