Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Playing at the Park

In keeping with the theme of enjoying every moment that I can with my boys before they head back to school, I decided to walk them to Stoner Park on Friday, August 31. It was a BEAUTIFUL day out, and while I wasn't sure if they would be able to make the long walk, I adjusted the stroller that three of them could sit together if they needed to. Joshua and Caleb took turns walking and did sit together in the back seat (which is cramped and squished) when they needed a rest while Ryan sat buckled in firmly in the front seat. I packed water bottles and snacks and away we went!
The first thing I did when we arrived was stick Ryan in a swing for the first time that I can remember. He loved it, as you can see from the picture above. It was my favorite of the morning (along with the first one of all three boys)!
Unfortunately there was only one big kid swing and two little guy swings. There used to be two of the older swings there, but I do remember seeing a broken one before. I guess rather than fix it or replace it, they just got rid of it. I think that's a shame.
So, Caleb offered to push his brothers. They enjoyed his help (most of the time). Joshua wanted me to push him at first, but I felt more comfortable staying where I could catch Ryan if he went to wiggle out. He was enjoying it enough, though, that his hands were firmly gripping the sides and Caleb was doing a great job at gently giving him a small push.
He was a happy boy in the sunshine! The breeze was beautiful and the air was just right - thank You, God, for summer weather! And for time with my boys!

Joshua actually didn't need help - he was doing a great job at pumping his legs to get himself going. He likes when we push him, but he does fine on his own swinging. And he loves it!
At times he would get annoyed at Caleb trying to help him! So, I would suggest that Caleb go back to Ryan who appreciated it more.









Joshua went up to check on Ryan, too. I loved this picture of him looking at his baby brother. It reminds me of a photo of Shawn helping and looking at his younger sister. They have such sweet and gentle caring hearts!
Caleb never asked to swing or whined about having a turn. He was having fun being the helper and posing for pictures!

Eventually we were done swinging!
 
After helping Ryan get down, we headed over to the other playground equipment.
I took pictures of the two older boys climbing through the green tunnel.










And I got one of each child sliding at least once.





Caleb asked if he could have the camera to take a picture. His didn't turn out great, but Joshua took this one of Caleb, Ryan and me that turned out okay.
Caleb would say "Let me take a picture! Now take one of me!" We had a ton in the same pose, but I thought this one was the cutest. :) :) :)
I took a few more of them playing. But, Ryan was struggling to stay upright on the uneven ground with all the wood chips. Each time he would lose his balance and fall on his rear, he would get annoyed at all the wood chips that covered his hands and clothes. He wasn't terribly fussy, but he I could tell he was getting tired and about done with the park.
So, after letting the boys play a little while more, I suggested it was time to drink some water and then walk back home. It was a fun day outside! Oddly enough this park is becoming a little young for my older boys and still is a little too old for our youngest. But, it's still a nice place to go on occasion.

No comments: