Saturday, September 15, 2012

Caleb Soccer Shots

Caleb started "SOCCER SHOTS" on Wednesday, September 12. I reminded him as I dropped him off at preschool that Mrs. Piehl (the aide) would take him to coach. Coach would take him to the soccer field, and I would pick him up there. He said okay. 
 
Shawn met Joshua, Ryan and me at the field over his lunch break to watch Caleb's first ever soccer shots. Ryan was loving the chair again, so Joshua sat with me on the ground. Eventually, the other boys got tired of watching, so Shawn suggested he stay and bring Caleb home after getting him a milkshake for his special day. I agreed, and I took Joshua and Ryan to the grocery store to pick up some things we needed for lunch and headed home to meet Shawn & Caleb afterward. We watched a majority of Caleb's time on the field first, thoguh.
 
 The kids were split into teams, and one of the first things they did was to practice "Control."
You can tell Caleb has some experience vs. the other kids. He has an older brother he plays with, after all, He was DEFINITELY better than a majority of the other kiddos in his group. Maybe not the "best" but definitely better than most.
Eventually, after they practiced some drills, they split the group in half, and Caleb wore a pinny.
He did a great job with his first time playing soccer! WAY TO GO!!!

No comments: