Friday, June 1, 2012

Missing More Than Sunshine

Joshua asked me the other day, "Why haven't we gone to Florida in awhile?" He's right - this September will mark two years since we were last there. I tried to explain that airplane tickets cost a lot of money for a family of five, even with Ryan being free. We don't have the extra in our budget right now to take a vacation.

At this he got really excited, "Money?!?! If that's all that's keeping us back, I have plenty of money. Let's go dig in my 'fidgety fish' (bank) and I'll pay for all our tickets to go!"

I smiled and sighed, hating to burst his excited bubble. I told him that all the money in his piggy (or fish!) bank would not be enough to get one of us even one way to Florida. He was sad. We often say in the winter, I could use a trip to Florida about now since there's sunshine there year round. But, it's sunny here now and I know he's missing more than sunshine. He misses Mamaw & Papaw.

No comments: