Saturday, June 30, 2012

My Husband, My Hero

On Thursday, June 28, I asked the boys if they'd like to meet Daddy for lunch and play at "his" playground (after he confirmed that he didn't have lunch plans and didn't mind meeting us). All in favor, raise your hands!
So, I made sandwiches, cut up a cucumber (for me - no one else likes them, but I LOVE them!), cored and sliced some apples, put some yogurt, blueberries and drinks in the cooler and grabbed my new favorite soy crisps, along with crackers and baby food, and we headed to pick Daddy up for lunch.
While we were there, I was feeding Ryan some yogurt while the boys were swinging away. I felt something tickling my foot and looked down just in time to see the BIGGEST, HARRIEST, NASTIEST spider I've ever seen in my life crawling across my toes. Needless to say, I screamed! Ryan was already screaming because I had quit feeding him the spoonful I had in my hand. Shawn came over to see what the ruckus was all about (I had scared our other boys) and when he saw the spider, he said it didn't deserve to live as he stomped on it. YUCK! At least we were outside with all the loudness!
Otherwise we enjoyed our lunch and the boys enjoyed the special treat of seeing Daddy mid-day. :) :) :)

No comments: