Monday, June 18, 2012

Mid-June

 
On Monday, June 11, Mamaw invited us to go swimming in her pool. We enjoyed our dip! That afternoon was Ryan's well-check, which I already posted about. On Tuesday, June 12, I took advantage of the free appointment with a nutritionist at the gym after my Body Attack class. It was semi-informative, but not as good as I hoped. When I came home, I did some research online about portion sizes and suggested food groups for the kids and me. While you think you know basic things like how to eat from when you learned that kind of thing in school, it's been easy to fall into a pattern of just serving whatever the kids will eat or what we're in the mood for. I went to "My Clean Plate" (the government website) and printed out some things for us. That said, Shawn & I went on a date that night while our babysitter watched the boys since I had a gift card to my favorite restaurant (Carabba's) and we also had a coupon that was expiring that week for basically a free meal. Originally we were going to do that on my birthday until we didn't have someone to watch the kiddos, so a week later I highly enjoyed our time out together. :)
On Wednesday,  June 13, I called Grandpa Georgia to see if he'd like to spend the morning with the boys & me perusing local amish fruit stands. He said sure, but we found that the pricing was more expensive than our local grocery store. (If you're local and have any good stands you go to, let me know!) I'm guessing most things are still not in season and being shipped in. We ended our time at Sharp Sharper. My goal was to stock our house with some healthier options, and that we did. Our family ate extremely well that week, and I tried teaching the kids about the different food groups.
On Thursday morning, I met my friends Tara (with Elizabeth, Luke and baby Hudson) and Rebecca (with Noah, Josiah, Chloe and one on the way!) at Talmage Park. We had never been there before, but it was perfect for kids our ages. I had left my house extremely late because we had a massive leak in our master bathroom and the plumber came that morning to fix it ($500+ later and we're back in business!). But, funny enough, I arrived just as my friends did, who were obviously also late. But, they had packed lunches for their kids and I didn't, figuring we'd eat when we got home. It was a fun time out with friends, and you can see by the picture below that our babies were exhausted and fell asleep in the strollers as the kids played and played.
When we left, Joshua talked about Elizabeth nonstop - can she come to our house sometime, can we go to her house, etc. It was adorable. She will also start kindergarten this fall, but she'll go to CV. The boys always enjoy their time with this group of friends, and I love their mamas! Such neat gals! It was a nice morning out. :)

No comments: