Saturday, June 2, 2012

Scooters for Tooters

Is this picture of Ryan not so adorable? I love his expression, and I love this outfit. We've had it since Joshua was a baby, and it reminds me of Shawn with the grey t-shirt and khaki cargo shorts.
When we first put Ryan on the grass, he used to be not sure how he felt about it. But, with summer here, he's gotten used to it. We enjoy soaking in the sunshine!
When we were at Kyler's house on May 18, we ended our morning playing in their driveway with their bikes, trikes and scooters. Well, Joshua thought the scooter was AWESOME! He told me that he really wants to have a scooter (and I think he remembers the story of the scooter from the Franklin book/movie). I told him that maybe he could ask for one for his birthday if he wanted it that badly.
When we were with Mamaw that weekend, he told her how much he enjoyed riding Kyler's scooter and how he would LOVE to have one. She told me that she tried riding Grace's scooter one time and that they are really fun. Within the next day or two, I had an email from her saying that we should expect a package in the mail with a blue and green scooter for the older boys.
The next time Joshua begged for a scooter, I told him about Mamaw's generosity and how there just might be one delivered to our door. He was SO excited! I wish I would have been able to capture the expression on his face when he found out the news. He jumped up and down and his smile just beamed! He gave me a big hug and said "That's SO NICE!!!" He asked almost hourly if it was time for the scooters to arrive, and I told him not until Wednesday, which seemed like an eternity thereafter.

But, sure enough, when we got home from the doctors on Wednesday, May 30, there were two boxes at our doorstep. When Shawn got home that night, he gladly assembled them for our sick little buddies who were begging to see them. Within a day of being on antibiotics, they both perked right up and asked to get outside to ride them. Of course! I told them that just like bikes, we must have our helmets on for scooters. And I tried showing them how to put their weight on the foot that stays on the scooter and to push off with their other foot. They had fun in the driveway and going down the sidewalk with them.
We've had plenty of scooter fun since then! Thanks for the scooters for our little tooters, Mamaw!

No comments: