Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Water You Coloring?

I'm way behind on blogging again. There are so many memories I'm missing, but I realize that capturing every moment would be next to impossible, let alone the fact that the boys may or may not read all these books I'm currently printing (in fact, I'm working on formatting 2010 now since I finished the 2009 book). One example of a funny expression was when Joshua told Aunt Missy that he was going to go catch a bird. She told him "good luck!" He always thinks he can catch the birds or the bunnies or squirrels he sees near our house, and I'm thankful that he can't!
The weekend after Kitchen Kettle Village (my last post), we took it easy. The boys still weren't feeling the best, and on Saturday we had taken a drive in the minivan to get some fresh air. Unfortunately, Joshua got sick in the car again, but this time he asked for a bag or bucket and just made it. Luckily I had some throw-away bags from the diaper bag that I could hand him and wipes to clean him. I also teased Shawn that it was probably his driving that made our little Bean sick. Shawn didn't think it was amusing, though. We came home and the boys rested, but we did play outside some over the weekend since the weather was still nice. They enjoy being outside, and we knew we couldn't really go anywhere else in hopes of not spreading any germs.
By the following Monday, both boys seemed a LOT better. That morning (March 21 - the first day of spring and yet the beginning of another cold front!), the boys & I sat down to paint some of the pages from the Easter water coloring book that they had received from Mamaw & Papaw (thanks so much!). They had a great time, and they each picked out certain pages to mail to their grandparents (now I just have to find an envelope where they won't get bent or beat up to mail them!).
The boys LOVE doing crafts. They each picked out their various pages, and I took a couple snapshots of some of the pictures they painted. The following two pictures show four of Joshua's creations.
Then here were two pictures of four of Caleb's creations:
While they were painting and having fun, I decided to paint with them. It's harder than it looks to keep water color in the lines of a painting! The 'craft' definitely put us in the mood for Easter books. I had ordered a cute one online which came that day as well. And, I asked Daddy to pick up some of the supplies we needed for our resurrection biscuits since they turned out well last year. :)
Since the boys were completely better, I took Joshua to preschool the following day and Caleb & I went to our respective areas for Bible study. The teacher was surprised to see our little Bean since I had mentioned he was supposed to have surgery the previous day. I explained that it was postponed due to his cold. I keep praying that he's well from here on out so that it can occur on May 2 as planned. Here's a picture Daddy had snapped of us that Monday night when we got back from our date at Barnes & Nobles. The kids had went on a little "picnic" with Miranda to the playground behind our house and had a blast. I'm so glad we found her and that the boys seem to enjoy spending time with her. More from that week to come...

No comments: