Thursday, March 31, 2011

Moses

On Wednesday, March 23, Caleb & I had went to the Calvary Preschool Library to borrow some videos since I had originally thought I would have to take the boys with me to my ultrasound appointment. [Thankfully, Grandpa agreed at the last minute to postpone his plans with his girlfriend for an hour to watch the boys for us, so I didn't have to take them.] Anyway, one of the videos I got was about Moses since Joshua really enjoys the story about the Israelites leaving Egypt, etc. The video said for ages 7 and up, and Shawn wasn't too sure about showing it to them after we saw it. It didn't really sugar-coat much, but I think it's good for the kids to learn about the Bible stories.

When Daddy was vacuuming this past weekend, Joshua took the attachments to the vacuum cleaner and said that they were his staff. He was going to turn his water into blood. I explained that God had equipped Aaron to speak that and Moses to act it out, and that only God could make such a miracle happen. I also explained that while I didn't mind if Joshua had a play staff, the vacuum cleaner attachments are breakable, so I'd prefer he find something else for his make believe. It did make me smile, though. He climbed onto our bed another time and shouted "LET MY PEOPLE GO!!!" as he was acting out his dramatic version. Shawn rolled his eyes at me, and I cracked up. So far he hasn't asked to kill anyone's firstborn, so I think we're okay. I like that the Bean enjoys the Bible stories, and Caleb also is learning about Moses, the Israelites, the plagues, the parting of the Red Sea, etc.

This week we got Joseph and the Coat of Many Colors (since it was time for Moses to head back to the library). Hopefully it's good! The picture above is of Joshua petting a snake at his preschool's "Reptile Friends" presentation. I thought it was fitting for this post since I hadn't used it yet. :) :) :)

No comments: