Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Caleb's 15-Month Well-Check

Caleb had his 15-month well-baby visit this past Friday. We've been so busy that I haven't had time to post about it until today. His stats are:
Height 31.5" - 69%
Weight 22 lb 14 oz - 30%
Head - 18.27" - 31%I don't think of Caleb as skinny (or at least he doesn't look skinny to me) but he fits in 6-9 month jeans in the waist, but they are much too short for him. I finally found 9-month jeans at Carters that fit him well, and Ma-maw bought him a few pairs of 12-month adjustable waist jeans & pants that she found at a department store (thanks, Mom!). The first pair I pulled in seven buttons on one side and eight on the other and they barely stay up.Dr. Reilly at Roseville said Caleb is healthy and growing normally on his scale. She seemed impressed by all the words he's saying and said that they only expect children at this age to know two words other than "Mama" and "Dadda." He says a lot more than that. He also nods his head yes and no to answer us when we ask him a question, which Nonie told me she thinks is extremely advanced. The more I think about it and listen to her, the more I agree that it looks like we've got another smarty on our hands. :) Here he is, sitting on the potty. He thinks this is the greatest thing ever since he sees Joshua getting praised so much when he sits there. Caleb has yet to do anything, but I want him to get the excitement for it.The pediatrician also warned me that the Swine Flu has been confirmed in their office. In fact, all toys and touchables had been removed until the flu season is over. She said to come in as soon as the vaccine is available and get both kids vaccinated. He also received the following vaccines at this visit: Flu, Varicella and Measle-Mumps Rubella. Lastly, I think Caleb may have had another eye-rolling episode in the car on the way to Lake Tobias. He also didn't respond right away. So, I called the pediatrician, who recommended we see a pediatric neurologist. The neurologist office said they are booked until November but said we should have an EEG done before we are seen by them. So, we are in the process of scheduling that now. While I don't think it's anything (so many people have told me that they see things like this in babies, including one of the Roseville nurses), with your kids you can never be too safe. I'd rather know for certain that nothing is going on with our little beloved Caleb Luke.

No comments: